Thanks Bill,

I always turn off windows sounds, they
bother me when I'm concentrating on
something. This issue deals with the
stereo/mono audio as from youtube or some
web page with streaming music/sounds that
happened to be running. I couldn't hear
the music/talk/noise from the computer and
that got transmitted when I would transmit
with WSJT-X, maybe with AFSK as well.

I always hear people's audio, words on
WSJT, I must have been doing that too, I
just couldn't hear it as I use a bluetooth
dongle for listening to the computer &
pull the dongle when I'm not listening to
it.

I have a feeling this is a very common
issue and very few people know about this
windows setting which just made all the
difference with WSJT-X, 20+ years of using
windows and this was the first I saw that
page.

Gary
KA1J