Good Evening,

   Twenty meters sounded like wind driven snow crossing the prairie.  Hissing with some whistling.  At least I couldn't feel the windchill.  Previous to the net I scanned and scanned and scanned finding only two CW signals between 14000 and 14060 kHz. But I was able to work one station during the net: K6XK whose K3 is his only communication device still working.  Even though his town is still above water any wired connection is not.  But he sounded happy exercising his Elecraft linear.

   Forty meters was better but it had QSB with a few thunderstorms.  I was finally able to hear from Ken in North Dakota.  A slow snow melt would be best for him.  It's going to take quite some time for any fields to get planted on the Northern Plains.

  On 14050 kHz at 2200z:

K6XK - Roy - IA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

W6JHB - Jim - CA

WM5F - Dwight - ID

K6PJV - Dale - CA

W0CZ - Ken - ND

One of these days signal conditions will improve.  It will not change rapidly though.  But we do have a K4 to design and only have a few more years left to get it out the door :)

   73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS   List member circa 2000.

_