Good Evening,

   Twenty meters was noisy but open to the east.  QSB was deep so repetition was appreciated.  Forty meters was also noisy but QSB was deeper, cutting out whole words.  It was fun digging out all of you.  I did have one problem.  I thought I was copying noise. The signal was so weak I was only getting one letter now and then.  So close to the noise I thought I was imagining it.  But every time I replied with a ? or a new CQ I would get the same response.  Then on forty meters Brian admitted he was trying to work me with 12 watts.  On the second band he was easy copy even with the deep QSB.  Dave was in the noise too but his call sign is very recognizable.  It seems to flow over the QSB somehow.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K6XK - Roy - IA

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K4TO - Dave - KY

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

AE6JV - Bill - CA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K4TO - Dave - KY

K6XK - Roy - IA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

I am glad the sun was active over the last two weeks.  Conditions are a little better.  The solar forecast is for another full year before any increase in sunspots.  Good time to test your weak signal techniques and buff your antennas.

   Until next week 73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-