Good Evening,

   Both bands had a medium level of QSB; but copy was OK on each of them.  Mostly tales of yard work but Dave was doing antenna work.  He had a much better signal than he did last week.  I had frost last night while Roy had some snow.  I remember skiing in Wisconsin on May 5th so late winter storms are not unusual.

  On 14049.75 kHz at 2200z:

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K6XK - Roy - IA

AB9V - Mike - IN

K4TO - Dave - KY

  On 7047.75 kHz at 0000z:

W6JHB - Jim - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

The trees on this side of the road must be getting old enough because there are a few Pileated woodpeckers on a scouting mission.  At first I thought I was seeing a crow in the front yard but they don't fly through fir trees.  Then I saw the wing patches and crest.  Females are not as gaudy as their mates.  I'll have to look for the pile of wood chips to see where they wound up.

   Until next week 73,

       Kevin.  KD5ONS

_