Harry:

Are these values on a dummy load or feeding the KAT500 or antenna direct?

I just quickly checked my KPA500 into a dummy load at 500 watts output.  The currents run from 14.0A on 20M to a low of 11.5A depending on band.   This is done with 500 watts output as shown on my Bird 43 and Bird 50.5 ohm load in TUNE mode which I have set for 20 watts tune power on all bands from my K3S.   The HV runs 60.0 volts or a bit higher under load and 74.5 volts at no load. The amp is sourced from 240VAC.

With the amp feeding the KAT500 and a 1.5:1 or better resolved match on the antenna system, the currents run from a high of 16.4 amps to 11.7 amps.  Again depending on band and SWR values.

Yes the amp is more efficient on some bands, and the load impedance will affect the PA current.  As to fans, I run mine in NOR and let the amp take care of itself.  Fans do ramp up when running FT-8 at 500 watts.

73

Bob, K4TAX