Tell us a bit more about the antenna. How is it fed? Is it properly choked to
eliminate RF shield current (this is current flowing on the outside of the
shield. It is a bit early to remember the proper term…)?
And, do you have chokes on the coax at the KAT500 or KPA500?

I think we need a bit more info to determine what is going on here. RF return
currents flowing back into the station and combining at the KAT500 connector
could account for something like this.
Note that I don’t discount that the 20m LPF is noticeably less efficient than
those on the other bands. Each KPA is unique in this sense - we tune the LPFs
for best efficiency for each band. I suspect your KPA is just fine, but the
more info we get from you, the more we can tell what is going on.

In any case, welcome to Elecraft products! We work hard to bring delight to
your radio experience.

73!
Jack, W6FB