Quotes from the Bencher website at http://www.bencher.com/whichpaddle.html:

"Frankly, the BY series paddle, like a fine sports car or a surgical scalpel,
does not respond well to the heavy physical input such operators are
comfortable with. But that is how old time CW operators, trained on the bugs
and single lever paddles, learned their craft.
If you are one of these operators, for you Bencher offers the innovative new
Hex Paddle. This paddle too is fully iambic, and very nearly as responsive as
the BY series paddles, yet is also designed to stand up to the most physical
of operators, thanks to the floating instrument grade ball bearing races and
magnetic paddle return, not to mention the massive base."

"The BY series, thanks to its unique pivot-pin bearings, is simply the most
responsive iambic paddle available today."

So, according to Bencher, the BY series is more responsive than the Hex.

Darrell

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations VA7TO and VE7CLA