Darrell Bellerive wrote:
Quotes from the Bencher website at http://www.bencher.com/whichpaddle.html:
"The BY series, thanks to its unique pivot-pin bearings, is simply the most responsive iambic paddle available today."

So, according to Bencher, the BY series is more responsive than the Hex.

The BY bearing is very low-friction. But so are the ball bearings in the Hex key and in the Begali. One problem with the BY is that the arms are somewhat flexible, so there's a bit of 'give', which -- combined with the long plastic fingerpieces -- makes it feel mushy compared to the other keys mentioned.

I modified a BY by making very small plastic fingerpieces for it. I had to countersink the screw heads so my fingers wouldn't hit them. It feels a little less mushy, but is nowhere as stiff as the Begali.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco