Christophe,

The most common cause of a 40 meter only failure in the K2 is an incorrect setting of the D19 secondary menu parameter.

If you have the K60XV option installed, or if you installed the "Rework Eliminators" when you built the K2, you must set D19 to "y".

If you do not have either the K60XV or the Rework Eliminators, then the D19 parameter must be set to "n".

If the above is not applicable, you may have a problem in the 40 meter bandpass filter.   Check the capacitors in that bandpass filter - C5 and C7 = 100pF, C4 and C8 = 820pF, C6 = 4.7pF. Also check the VFO frequency when the K2 is set to 7100kHz, it should be close to 12,015kHz.

73,
Don W3FPR