On 5/27/2020 9:21 AM, Bob McGraw K4TAX wrote:
My take on this is "prepare to do some noise mitigation yourself." Jim, K9YC, has several good papers dealing with noise reduction and methods to accomplish same.   In general, adding correct type ferrite chokes to the AC mains and the control lines is, in general, good starting point.

My advice on this is to ALWAYS confront the issue BEFORE buying the unit/system in question. NK7Z's post at 8:45 am on May 27 outlines how we should approach the issue. Put the onus on the vendor/installer, rule out those who give a blank stare or don't want to learn or to do anything about it.

And get it in writing -- if it isn't quiet, remove it and provide full refund. And if it was replacing an existing system, restore that system, also at no cost. When we insist on these provisions, the good vendors will figure out what they need to make it work, the losers will vanish.

73, Jim K9YC