From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Lyn Norstad
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:40 PM
To: 'Wayne Burdick' <n...@elecraft.com>; 'Andy Durbin' <a.dur...@msn.com>
Cc: 'Elecraft Reflector' <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA1500 with K4 tracks VFOs with 1 kHz resolution

Interesting ... I am seeing issues with my KAT500 not holding a setting, but
jumping to (and displaying) a frequency 200 - 300 KHz lower unpredictably
during a Winlink Vara session.  It always comes back to the correct
frequency when the rig is transmitting, but has to go thru a short
relay-clatter routine to get there.

This is on 80, 40 and 30 meters (all I have tested so far).

For example, if the dial frequency is at 7101 the tuner can't seem to decide
whether to sit on 7104 or 7096.  That doesn't seem to cause a problem as
much as when it suddenly drops to 6874, 6864 or 6856.  I am seeing similar
behavior on 80m and 30m.

I recently did a total reset and reloaded the firmware (v01.75).

Any thoughts?  Bin width?

Thx.
73
Lyn, W0LEN