Not to pick on Bruce, but there have been many posts to this thread with essentially the same thought.

However, none of them talk about what I see as one of the most important performance characteristics, which is the user interface (UI). How easy it the radio to use?

For me, I do a lot of digital modes. Here I want to monitor all of the power output, SWR, and ALC. On my K3, I have to switch between them. On the K4 I can have them all on the screen.

How easy is it to tune to a signal I see on the panadapter? On the P3, I need to move the cursor (via a knob) to be on top of the signal and press a button. Honestly, it's easier to turn the big knob. On the K4 I touch the touch screen. (I hope this screen is better at detecting my touch than my iPhone.)

There are probably a bunch of other examples too.

And, since I'm interested in remote operation, I think that will be a lot easier with a K4.

And I haven't even mentioned TX or RX performance. But it's an Elecraft, so I'm not worried.

73 Bill AE6JV