Jerry,

It sounds like some RF from the KPA100 could be getting into the base K2.

Is your KPA100 upgraded with the latest updates, AND the new shield?

For the latest update, peek between the shield and the board - If you see blue toroid cores at RFC1 and L16, then it is up to date - OTOH, if you see red core toroids at L15 and L16, install KPA100UPKT.

On the shield, it should have spring clips to ground it to the sides of the base K2 - make certain that the area where the spring clips contact the sides of the base K2 has been cleared of all paint - sandpaper works. Also check the width of the slot in the shield next to the SO239 ANT jack - it should be only a bit wider than 1/8 inch.  If it is the older wide slot, replace the shield with KPA100SHLDKT. Also, there should be 2 bent-over solder lugs that connect the top of the shield to the SO239 jack.  Make sure they are soldered together.  If missing, they are supplied as part of KPA100SHLDKT.

73,
Don W3FPR