Like Jocelyn, I have mostly used my KX3 for FT8 digital mode operations, and have found it works very well on that mode from 6m down through HF. It is ESSENTIAL that you get the built in antenna tuner! It is AMAZING and will load up into just about anything!

I ordered mine with the built in battery charger but I don't use the built-in batteries at all, so I wouldn't bother with that. When I operate SOTA, I take along a 3 AH LiFePO4 battery from Bioenno Power, and just plug that into the KX3. I can run 10w on FT8 for hours with that battery!

I think it's really great that with WSJT-X, you can call "CQ SOTA". It is just too bad that the Reverse Beacon Network and the SOTAWATCH website does not automatically spot FT8 signals calling "CQ SOTA". However, there is always plenty of activity on FT8 and you can spot yourself.

GL and VY 73, Lance