On 02/05/2022 17:47, Eric Garner wrote:
I have a KX3 fully loaded (KXFL3, KXAT3, KXBC3, KX3-2M) the only one I
would skip if I had to do it over is the KXBC3. The NiMH batteries just
don't have the oomph to justify adding them for me and having the RTC
doesn't really matter to me, your needs might be different. I just use an
external LiFePO4 pack for power.

My KX3 isn't fully loaded, but does have the KXBC3 fitted. Like Eric, if I was buying it again, I wouldn't bother with this board. As it is, I power the radio with an external LiFePO4 pack. I also don't _need_ to RTC, but I suppose it is useful to see the time for the log.

I wish I had the internal tuner fitted - I have heard nothing but good about it. I have an external T1 which has developed a fault, so I bought an N7DDC ATU-10 from banggood to keep me going until I have an opportunity to troubleshoot the T1. It is quite a statement on the current world situation that I can buy a very capable QRP tuner for less than the repair costs for my T1 and get it from China in less than two weeks!

Enjoy your KX3 when you get it - it's a fantastic radio!