Good Evening,

   I have been entertained by three squirrels today.  The two young ones have fallen out of the fir tree next to me a few times, their mother dragged them back up.  Then they fell onto my roof while mom chipped away at them.  Then they attacked my soffit with their new teeth.  Should be an interesting summer.

   I saw a very soggy doe yesterday as she came out of the nearby alder thicket.  She stood on the gravel road and shook herself like a wet dog.  It had been raining all morning so she was quite dark in color.  After ridding herself of the moisture she started cropping the new grass along the road.

   The ferns have grown over my head and are filling in the surroundings unrolling fronds.  The sword fern are pushing out new growth as are the fir trees.  If it were not so wet the pollen would be bothersome.  As it is my eyes only itch when I am inside after a walk.

   The sun has been quiet.  That may be good.  Or not.  There is a low sunspot number with a flux reading at 106.  The auroral oval is fairly quiet too.  Noise should be low with low to moderate QSB.  More antenna choices would be nice.  I am going to find a tank of gas for my torch and solder another one together.  My Weller soldering iron can't seem to provide enough heat while I am outside.  Wind, temperature, or moisture don't help it.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,  Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Most talented category: He runs a CW DX pileup while leading the Tour de France.