Good Evening,

   The sky has developed an orange cast.  While there are no major forest fires nearby, the Columbia River basin is filling with smoke.  Temperatures rose to the high nineties this week which raised the haze level to me.  My begonias are no longer red, but my eyes are.  Fire danger is high.

   The sun is less energetic today.  Solar flux has dropped below 100 as has the sunspot number.  There may be less QSB.  Tonight will be a good night for meteor scatter propagation.  Three separate debris fields are hitting the earth simultaneously.  Slow fireballs from the Capricornids leave large ionization trails.

Please join us on (or near):

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

I write, erase, rewrite