One could also consider, "HF Vertical Performance-Test Methods and Results"
by N0AX and K7LXC, 2000.  Available from Champion Radio Products or DX
Engineering.

They set this up as a reasonably reproducible test method to allow at least
somewhat comparable results accepting the inevitable variations from
location to location.

Setting up tests that include one or more of their test antennas and one or
more of the HF Pack antennas and various configurations of AX1 and AX2
antenna systems could result in comparisons that reflect some standard for
comparison and some level of relative understanding.

Especially if done on that standard pedestrian mobile test track.  Hi.

NU6T