I have used my AX2 both ways, and I have never found it to be advantageous to
use that antenna without a counterpoise.

Gerry Leary Wb6ivf

On Sep 25, 2022, at 1:31 PM, Julia Tuttle <ju...@juliatuttle.net> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I think that's a proper comparison in a physics sense, but I don't think it
fully represents how the AX1 is deployed in practice.

I would run both an ideal scenario -- the one you described -- amd a
practical scenario -- something like a KX3 + internal batteries on a picnic
table, AX1 on the bipod, and the counterpoise trailing down to and across
the ground.

73,

Julie

Message delivered to gerrylear...@icloud.com