I'll probably get thrown off of the Elecraft list for what I am about to
say...8-)

Don't get me wrong...I love QRP....most of my contest participation is at 5W.
I can work the world with 5W.  And on 10M during a solar peak I can break
pileups with 5W.

But my experience is that 100W with a dipole on 160M *IS* QRP...that the
chances of grabbing a VU7 in a 40M pileup from the U.S. running 5W are pretty
low and anyone looking to run emergency traffic with 5W only has to try
checking into the Elecraft CW net to have a sense of what to expect when your
antennas are down and the water is flowing past your bedroom window.   Turn it
up to 400W and maybe get heard...and fry some fish as they float by!

QRP...the real skills are at the other end.  <boy...am I asking for trouble
with THAT line!>  LOL.

73 de K2TA/qrp