I've only done footswitch PTT on phone.  Interesting idea to do it on
CW.  I like the "paddle disable" concept.

So if the footswitch controlled a  relay that was inserted between the
paddles and the rig, then you could use the footswitch to disable and
enable the paddles.  The actual TR switching would be done by the QSK
circuit.

I guess if you wanted to swap antennas from RX to TX or do other things,
then there would be more functions tied to the footswitch for antenna
switching, amp enabling, whatever.

Would this all be taken care of by an external box or does it have to be
addressed in the rig?

- Keith N1AS -
- K2 5411.ssb.100 -