The K2 TEST mode inhibits TX in CW, but it doesn't affect SSB or RTTY modes, only CW and TUNE. I see the K3 has a TEST button which in the quickstart is listed under SSB mode as alowing "off the air adjustments." I hope it applies to all modes, including CW. For me, an across the board TEST gate makes more sense than saying QSK mode = QRT.
Leigh/WA5ZNU