I think Farnsworth spacing control for the keyer memories is a great
idea. I have a related suggestion which maybe isn't so great, but here
it is anyway:

How about a keyer memory which would work with a straight key. It
would faithfully record straight key CW, preserving the
non-machinelike timing & spacing,  and of course be able to key the
transmitter with this recorded "fist". Is this something that would be
software definable on the K3?

The advantage is that straight key & bug operators could program CQ
messages which would be characteristic of their true sending styles
(for better or worse).

73,
Drew
AF2Z