Hi Brett

The way I guess almost all of us operate on CW when in "normal QSO mode" is to pace the transmission even though the actual keyer speed may be higher than we are really sending, this is especially the case for complicated words, and doesn't need a menu item to use it. If something is likely to be difficult to receive, e.g. keyer is a KX3567Z you might add a question mark after the Z and repeat it, however using full break-in also allows the other station to interrupt by sending a string of dots to get your attention if they missed something. It's all a matter of confidence, which only comes with practice... There is no substitute for getting on the air and operating.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80