I would use keyer memories more myself if that were the case.

I use a bug or straight key 99% of the time and, recognizing that no hand
key has the perfection of machine keying, I avoid the memories unless I also
send on paddles. A significant number of Hams today rely on their CW
decoders to receive. It's a disservice to us both to call on the keyer then
suddenly switch to a bug or straight key that their decoder (or their gray
matter) may not be able to read well.

To me, CW memories (and keyers too) are like using computer-generated
artificial voices on 'phone. I bet the day comes when that's done a lot,
especially in contests with automatic voice recognition and logging, but it
won't be as nice to hear or as much fun to do for many operators.

Ron AC7AC