When I ordered my K3 and accessories I did not order the KBPF3  because I thot
that was to add general coverage receive.... Now, I am thinking it is a
bandpass filter to filter OUT non-ham band signals.  That I need, so another
order if my latter idea is correct.
What is the function of the KBPF3?????????  Do u need one for both main and sub
receivers?    73Charles [EMAIL PROTECTED] > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Filter question> Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:04:44 -0800> CC: elecraft@mailman.qth.net> > Does the KBPF3
go into the RX module or the main board module? Ie do you> need two if you have
the dual receivers? You probably wouldn't need dual RX> out of band but just a
wonder.... I guess the band passes would have to be> on the RX modules or you
wouldn't be able to get the two RX modules onto> frequencies on two separate
bands.... True?> > -----Original Message-----> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Bayern> Sent: Monday, February 18,
2008 1:55 PM> To: Bill Kimura> Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Subject: Re:
[Elecraft] Filter question> > >From the K3 FAQs (see
<http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3FAQ.htm>)> > ~~~~> > Q: I'm still not clear on
the general-coverage (GC) receive option --> if it is indeed "optional" or
available by default in a minimally> configured radio.> > The basic radio, as
well as the subreceiver, has a full array of> ham-band-only filters at the
front end. This is to ensure excellent> performance in the ham bands. These
filters are switched in by means> of relays.> > The KBPF3 option is a small
plug-in module that sits above the> ham-band filters. It, too, has a number of
filters switched in by> relays. The difference is that these are wider filters,
covering all> of the area between the ham bands. But they share the same>
input/output path as the ham-band filters. When not selected, the GC> filters
have absolutely no effect on performance, thanks to a very> careful layout that
minimizes trace lengths. When you tune the radio> well outside the ham bands,
an appropriate GC filter is automatically> selected by firmware.> > ~~~~> >
Hopes this helps -- at least with your KBPF3 question.> > > Mark AD5SS>