Hi Charles,

When I ordered my K3 and accessories I did not order the KBPF3 because I thot that was to add general coverage receive....

Correct.

Now, I am thinking it is a bandpass filter to filter OUT non-ham band signals.

No. It is a filter to allow non-ham frequencies.

What is the function of the KBPF3?????????

Take a look at:

<http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3FAQ.htm#KBPF3>
How is the KBPF3 bandpass filter used...

<http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3FAQ.htm#Subreceiver>
I'm still not clear on the general-coverage (GC) receive option...

<http://www.nabble.com/The-KBPF3-is-not-a-roofing-filter----it%27s-an-RF-band-pass-filter-module-to13820837.html#a13820837>
The KBPF3 is not a roofing filter...

<http://www.nabble.com/KBPF3-frequency-range-to14085227.html#a14085228>
KBPF3 frequency range...

<http://www.nabble.com/Ham-bands-vs-GC-receive-to14075801.html#a14075839>
Ham bands vs GC receive...

etc. etc. etc.

Do u need one for both main and sub receivers?

If you want good sensitivity outside of the ham bands on both receivers, yes.

If you want good sensitivity outside of the ham bands on one RX, you only need one KBPF3.

If you are only want good sensitivity within the Ham bands, you do not need the KBPF3.

vy 73 de toby