Excellent job Mike! And if someone doesn't like bass all they need do is adjust the EQ. Now we have a choice.

Steve Ellington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 9:25 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Bass in audio is good

I am surprised to hear that people don't like the extra bandwidth in the
audio response in the K3.

For me I have been reluctant to check into a regular rag chew net until I
could have some extra low frequency response. I knew that the K3 wouldn't
measure up and I didn't want the K3 to be seen in a poor light.

Yes I am quite familiar that this is the opposite of good dx performance but
these guys don't care about dx at all. They care about comfortable
listening. I of course care about dx when I want it and rag chew when I want
it. Now I can have both. AM sounds so much fuller now also.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Mike Scott

AE6WA Tarzana, CA

K3/100 SN508