Mike Scott-7 wrote:

> I am surprised to hear that people don't like the extra bandwidth in the
> audio response in the K3.

Because people use their radios in different ways. Some of us don't want to
waste energy generating frequencies that add nothing to the ability to be
heard when signals are weak. We don't use SSB to have "armchair copy" chats
using hi-fi speakers.

Nobody is asking that improved low frequency response should be taken away,
just that it should be made an option. I'm not sure that the range of
adjustment provided by TX EQ is great enough to restore the audio to the way
it was before.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com