-----Original Message-----
From:  Joe Subich, W4TV

Most HF users want AM and ESSB (occupied bandwidth greater than required
for communications quality - 2.6 to 2.8 KHz) banned.

Oh really?  Well, I guess I'm not part of "most" then.  I'm a CW op but
I'm thrilled these other modes exist to add variety and spice to the
hobby.

I think it makes a lot of sense (a LOT) to say narrow bandwidth signals
at the low end of the band, wide signals at the top, mids in the middle.
If someone wants to run ESSB at 5 KHz, that's fine, we'll allocate some
space at the high end of the band so they can play & have fun.

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -