Lyle Johnson wrote:
Instead of a Noise Gate with two or three variables, I've implemented an *experimental* Downward Expander with a single variable (threshold). It certainly kills the background noise here! ...
We're listening...

This would be welcome addition to the K3. Noise gates have been unsatisfactory in my experience, usually being difficult to set up and introducing unwanted clicks and abrupt level changes into the audio stream. A smooth operating downward expander is a far better choice.

I currently use a Behringer VX-2000 to drive the microphone input via a -20db voltage pad. My primary reasons for using the unit are the downward expander and the flexible input circuit for balanced microphones (and phantom power if needed).

I hope your experiment becomes K3 feature at some point.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH