Are, Et Al,

JAT: It could be that the act of removing/reseating the MC1350 fixed the problem. Sometimes sockets "don't"!

   Regards,

   kurtt

   Kurt Pawlikowski, AKA WB9FMC
   The Pinrod Corporation
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   (773) 284-9500
   http://pinrod.com

Are LB3SA wrote:
It was actually one of your earlier posts (thanks!) that prompted me to
inject the IF signal before and after the IF Amp. At that point I had pulled
out lot of hair and lost sleep over a low sensitivity K2.

As to when the solder bridge got there... I'm not 100% certain that a bridge
was the problem. But after I realized that the IF Amp was not amplifying I
went over the solder points around the chip (I actually removed the chip and
installed it again). The radio then started to work. It was actually a bit
of a surprise since I never saw the problem - especially since I looked very
closely at all the points through an amplifying glass many times before AND
since all the voltages at MC1350 measured at specs while I had the problem.
It was just the IF signal that wasn't amplifying leading me to at first
think that the chip itself was defect.

I only assume it was a solder bridge. And if that's the case it was probably
made by me.

Are - LB3SA

TF3KX wrote:
Just out of curiosity...

Where was that solder bridge on the MC1350?  Was it already on the SMD
assembly when you received it, or was it something you caused by your
soldering?

The reason I ask is that I had a problem with my SMD MC1350, never found
out what caused it, and just replaced it.  If there is something there to
watch out for, it may help others...

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX