My 8 volt regulator also outputs exactly 7.56V. I replaced it with one I
bought here in Norway last week. It's also quite low at 7.62 volt. Specs
guarantee it to be over 7.5V if I remember correctly so I guess we can't
complain too much.

But if you have a hard time getting the ALC voltage up to 3.8 volt according
to the manual you can solder a 10K resistor across RP6 pins 3-4 on the
control board (Gary from Elecraft suggested this for me). This works great
and I now see 3.8V but it doesn't really make much of an audible difference.

Are - LB3SA