Again I agree. Changing the sidetone level or pitch requires us to listen to the constant tone which covers up everything. I think the intent was good but a bit impractical.
Steve Ellington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Sidetone Monitor Preference Opinions

I don't adjust the sidetone level very often. Not sure I'd like to
have it vary with the AF Gain. I think I like having it as a reference
audio level. Mine is set at 25.

What I would like is the option to adjust the PITCH without hearing
the sidetone. In other words, listening to a weak signal I want to
adjust it's pitch (offset) for best copy. Different signal conditions
can warrant the use of different pitches for optimum copy. But you
can't do this with the sidetone overriding the received audio. Even if
you set the sideone level to zero the received audio is blocked
whenever PITCH is on.

73,
Drew
AF2Z