For me the context area isn't attenuated at all.  I believe its 200Hz
wide in the middle...  The only difference I thought was that it can now
go down to as narrow as 400 on the outer skirts rather than the 600 that
it used to be limited to.  Doesn't seem to make too much difference to
me but I do admit that I like not being limited as I did run it at 600
at times and wished I wasn't being stopped.

I find that for me it may be a dumb idea to do something but I usually
don't like not being allowed to.  Thats one of the reasons why my 250Hz
filter is fully allowed to be used in SSB on my K3.  Not that I'd want
to do that but why limit myself.

~Brett (KC7OTG)