That might work! Presumably the other features of the KRC2 would not work
without also having the auxbus connected - not a big loss for me. It is
something I will try as it is only going to need a 9-way serial cable with
pins 4 & 6 disconnected via W16 and W20 just in case.

Considering all the other signals on the 15 way connector that I may need
some day, I think perhaps the long term solution will be to construct a
break out board from the 15 way to include a 9 way din for transverters and
KRC2 a connection for the band data, an ALC level converter op-amp and phono
sockets for the other signals (PTT. 2 Digital outputs, PTT, FSK and remote
power on). Point-point or a fairly simple PCB. If I make a PCB I might as
well decode the band data while I am at it.

Mike