Thanks, Lyle.

Most laptops do not include a stereo LINE IN jack, only a monophonic MIC jack. An I/Q based panadaptor (Softrock, LP-PAN) requires a stereo input.

Yes, I know that, but forgot to mention it, and yes, mine is only mono.

Maybe you have looked at all the software packages involved?
Can you say if any excel by getting point-and-click tuning right by taking K3 mode into account?
Any that don't occupy an excessive part of the display?
Which hardware is supported by source with publicly available source code?

73,
Erik K7TV