>> Its dynamic range may be OK for IMD but today's SDRs cannot approach the BDR
>> of
>> rigs like the K3 until even higher resolution ADCs become available.

> Sorry to tell you a bad new: you are wrong!

Nico & Phil,

When can we expect to see direct R.F.-sampled SDRs with better MDS performance?
  When we compare MDS data across QST product reviews in a 500 Hz filter B/W,
we see marginal figures of ~ -128 dBm @ 14 MHz.  This is true of the Perseus,
SDR-IQ, and Flex 5000A.

By contrast, radios such as the K3 and Orion offer excellent MDS figures
approaching -140 dBm while still providing excellent close-spaced blocking and
I3 dynamic range.

Paul, W9AC