Hi Don,

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the TX INH function.  I suppose that is
one
approach that would work, although it does not address the question of
providing
up to a second delay within the K3.  If an outboard timer system or sequencer
were
used, then a voltage could be applied to the TX INH as you suggest.... Of
course,
if an external sequencer has to be used anyway, then the sequencer might as
well
just trigger the PTT line of the K3 after the required safe delay.

Unless I am totally missing the boat here (which certainly happens), it seems
me that the cleanest way to make the K3 flexible enough to replace existing
equipment requiring external sequencers, would be to be able to adjust the time
between K3 PTT keying and the KEY OUT jack and/or KEYOUT-LP pin (or some other
available pin) closure between standard short delay (20 ms) or a long delay
(for
example, selectable between .2, .4, .6, .8 or 1 second).  Obviously, if a long
delay option was selected, you certainly run the risk of chopping off syllables
or
CW charactere if the VOX control were used, so maybe it only makes sense for an
option like that for a long delay only be available when VOX operation is not
activated.

To me, one of the most attractive things about the K3 is its incomparable
flexibility... and I just love that it keeps getting even better and packing
even
more functions into that same single feature-packed little package!   VY 73,
Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73