I guess I'm missing the boat on this discussion.

I thought all high power VHF ops used an external sequencer board that
did the following type of thing.
RX to xmit:
1) Bypass the mast mounted preamp, wait a bit
2) Put the amp in the tx mode, wait a bit
3) Put the xvtr in the tx mode, wait a bit
4) inhibit the RF output from the rig until 1-3 are complete.

With a relay based system 1-3 could easily be 60ms or more.

Going to receive does a similar thing --i.e. unkeying the various
components with delays..

You're not going to get his set of multiple delays from the K3.

There are external sequencer boards available as kits for about $20.
The K3 has an inhibit line for such use.

And yes, the big guns do have difficulty in the bang-bang contest
mode.   You call them once and occasionally get the comment,  I'm not
getting your call, my sequencing hasn't completed.

73 de Brian/K3KO