Nick G3RWF wrote:

> Elecraft are brilliant in responding to customers' wishes/needs so I
> wonder if I am alone in wanting a little time to let current developments
> and firmware upgrades show their worth?

Nick,

On Page 86 of the February QST Yaesu Has announced performance enhancements
for their very expensive FTDX9000.  I am sure that the DX9000 owners are
thrilled to know they are about to receive major mods free of charge.  I
wonder if Elecraft's rapid response with upgrades and bug fixes had anything
to do with this?  I'll bet Yaesu owners would love to have the problem you
describe.

As has been stated or implied in other responses, there's no need to
implement any of the firmware changes if they don't affect the way you
operate.

I've had my K3 for almost a year now (SN #386) and I, for one have been
extremely satisified with the rate and quantity of upgrades.  I had been a
user of another well known manufacturer and was lucky to get any attention
paid to my requests.

I would also like to comment on the response from Julian, G4ILO where he
stated..

> I think your concerns might be allayed if Elecraft were to do what a
> couple of developer types who I have had discussions with privately have
> suggested, namely publish a roadmap for firmware development.

This is a hobby for us, and a great one, but for Eric and Wayne and all the
others, it is not only a hobby but a business.  I've been the head of a
large corporation and the last thing I would do is provide my competition
with a road map of where I plan to go and when I plan to get there.

73,
Don
K2PMC