From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 7:50 AM
To: Robert Naumann
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Newbie operational quirks?

Bob,

Independent bands is not yet available in the firmware.  I know it is
being addressed for the sub-receiver,  but I am not certain about the
possibility for cross-band operation with only the main receiver installed.

When you try to store a memory, how long is your 'hit' on the V>M
button? (it should be a TAP)  Watch the VFO B area, and if you see "NO
DVR" flash there, you are 'holding' the button instead of 'tapping' it.
There should be no problem storing into an empty memory location.

Yes, when a memory is recalled, both the VFO A and VFO B contents from
that memory are recalled - that is normal behavior.

73,
Don W3FPR

Robert Naumann wrote:
> I've only had my K3 for a little over a week. RX performance is great, but
> I'm finding that some operational things don't work as I expect they
should.
> Perhaps I just to be pointed in the right direction to understand what is
> happening?
>
> Frequency Memories:
> I have been trying to store some frequencies in memories, and it seems
that
> sometimes it just does not work. I have the frequency selected and
working,
> I hit V>M, select an empty memory, hit V>M again which should store it.
Then
> I try to recall the memory with M>V, select that memory location and it's
> blank? A couple of times I have somehow gotten a random frequency stored
in
> a memory location that does not correspond to anything I have tried to
> store. It seems that once this happens, I can then overwrite that random
> frequency with one that I want. That tells me that sometimes the memory
that
> are blank will not accept a new frequency?
>
> VFO A/B: (I do not have the second rx)
> VFO A and VFO B seem to be tied to each other. When I change bands by
> tapping Band^, both VFOs change band. Shouldn't they work independently?
> When I recall a memory (those that have stored correctly) both VFO A and
VFO