On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:49:10 -0000, you wrote:

>Doesn't "Quick Split" assume the DX is -always- located a
>fixed number of kHz away from "his" TX'ing frequency? This
>is simply not the case, if this is what's is being lobbied for.
>
>If the DX is actually an exact "5 kHz" up, there will still be a
>need to change of one's TX frequency involved on almost every
>transmission ... or should be ... if one is an astute DX'er.  Do
>people actually simply go "up five" and blindly call?  Really?
>
>K5D is an example ... they are spending hours listening DOWN.
>I've worked them this way on four bands so far.  I did this when
>operating from there ... and other DX locations ... BTW.
>
>My most-used control in working SPLIT is the A/B button.  A
>quick poke of A/B and a tune of the A VFO to put it on the "last
>worked" station in the pileup and another poke of the A/B button
>to put the that frequency in the B VFO.  How could this be simpler?
>
>I'm an old poop.  Maybe I'm missing something ....
>
>73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
>     elecraftcov...@rfwave.net

The Kenwood TS-950 series rigs have this.  When I first read the
manual it sounded great, but in use it was not very benificial,  for
the very reason you described.

Besides if you are an old poop like me and Ken who has learned to
determine the RX tuning routine of the DX station before you call, you
will be moving the Sub RX up and down continuously as you chase **HIS
RX FREQ** up and down in frequency.  Old Ham Geezers learn to do this
after a few years of practice or reading the Complete DX'r by W9KNI,
but I hope the rest of you don't use the procedure, so Ken and I can
get 'em and scoot away quickly ;o)

73,

Tom, N5GE

http://www.n5ge.com