>At ZM1A (multi-two) during the ARRL DX CW contest we received some reports
>of "choppy" CW when CT was keying via the 'Key' socket...

During the same contest, I used NA under DOS in an older computer, with NA
sending via a W9XT contest card.
I could have sworn (actually, I did) that my weighting was lighter than
'normal' (I prefer it slightly on the 'heavy' side). I had to increase the
NA keyer weighting from 55% to 60% for it to sound right to me.

This exact computer set-up has worked to my satisfaction for years, using
radio "Y". (It has transmit inhibit until the amp has switched.)
I'll try fiddling with TX DLY as AB7R suggested.
Mine is set at 10, and the Acom 1000 doesn't seem to mind.

I don't recall this 'light keying' situation using a K3 with N1MM and a
MicroHam keyer at VP5W, but there, ALL the hardware was different.

Ralph, VE7XF