I've seen a number of posts about using K3 knobs on K2s or K2 knobs on K1s
to get finger dimples.  People seem to be trying to go through a lot of
complicated stuff to get the dimples.

Elecraft sells stick-on dimples for the K1 and K2 tuning knobs.  They're $6
per, and they are part number FDIMP

http://www.elecraft.com/accessories/fingerdimple.htm

I bought one with my K2 and I also retrofitted one onto my K1.  They work
beautifully.  Just make sure you follow the directions and clean the knob
with rubbing alcohol before sticking the dimple onto the knob (let the
rubbing alcohol dry).  Mine have been sticking without problem for just
under a year now.

Jon, KB1QBZ