On 17 Jul 2009 at 12:17, Jon Perelstein wrote:

> I've seen a number of posts about using K3 knobs on K2s or K2 knobs on
> K1s to get finger dimples.  People seem to be trying to go through a lot
> of complicated stuff to get the dimples.

Another little tip on the K2 knob (which I remember posting on here a
long time ago but worth repeating).

I had a continual problem with my K2 knob in that the black paint on it
rubbed off leaving the silver metal showing through, making it look
horrible. I had various tries with car touch-up paint, which made it
look even worse.

One day I was looking through a box of old electrolytic capacitors, of
the mains smoothing type. I noticed some which had a circular black
piece of plastic on their top about the size of the K2 knob. I cut it
out from the capacitor and stuck it on the face of the knob with double
sided tape. Superb, and still doing the job a couple of years later.

I suppose I could also add one of the dimples, but personally I have
never found the lack of one a problem.

73 Dave G3YMC
K2 #2498

http://www.davesergeant.com