I have used the new NR release for a few days now, and see some plus and
minus with the changes.. at least as I use the K3 for CW which is the main
mode here.

I usually listen at 50 or 100Hz, so the background noise is already much
reduced compared to wider bandwidths. To find someone calling me off
frequency I depend on CW Skimmer to show that to me, and then RIT tune them
in.

The new NR algorithms now act well in noise reduction. The noise is really
reduced better. I also like that the SSB NR has lost the echoes and works
better.

What I miss is that old NR effect of emphasizing weak signals on CW by
making them louder and sort of popping them up out of the noise. I used to
depend on that to help in QRP contests. Time will tell if losing that for
the sake of lower overall noise is a good tradeoff.  I also see little
difference now between the F1 through F4 settings. They all sound pretty
much the same to me. I think I would like to see more difference in effects.

Wayne/WA9VEE