I finally got a chance to load up the new FW and try the new NR.  Like
everyone else, I didn't notice much if any difference between F1-1 and
F4-4 while turning the knob.  However, I found that there WAS a
difference if I dialed in a new setting, then turned NR off and back
on.  In other words (in CW mode):

1) set NR to F1-1.
2) turn NR off, then back on.  Notice the sound.
3) set NR to F4-4
4) turn NR off, then back on.  Notice the sound.

When I do that, F4-4 is clearly more aggressive than F1-1.

73
--
Joe KB8AP