(Snip)
I stand in defence of Alexandr on this, it was something I asked for
before the first production run - I'm still having treatment for the
burns - so please, accept that not everyone feels this is not a good
idea (just as I would defend you for asking for wide-band Tx in VK
because your band plans are different).
As long as this is configurable, I don't see where the problem is. If
VK decide this is unacceptable in VK, then people wont use it there.
However, it is acceptable over here in G land and is used quite a lot
on V/UHF -  there are two factions here, those that think it helps in
poor conditions, and those that think it looses you a second during
the over - not come across any that feel it makes it harder or
distracting - I personally quite like the idea.
73 de M0XDF
(End Snip)

I do NOT support wide band modes on ssb for example, nor after market audio
enhancers that take up excessive bandwidth. We too have boat anchor operators
running wide band equalisers trying to sound like FM stations and they are NOT
popular with a very large number of VK Hams.

I have found very few operators here that view roger beeps as a good thing.

The problem arises when the operator does NOT turn it off when it is not
needed. To say you use it on FM/AM may be fine, BUT, the question remains,
will, say in ssb, the operator  remember to turn it off?

73's
Gary

Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra