I guess another option could be to take your old board out of the radio
and send it to Elecraft for a factory update and wait for it's return.
Of course this would render the radio inoperable for that period of time
but at least you would know that your "serial number vintage DSP board"
matched your serial numbered radio. I think the current board swap
program makes a lot of sense but maybe that's just me.

73,
Mike AB9V